Freelance PICK/BASIC Programmer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Robert Norman and Associates is hiring for a Pick/Basic Programmer. This person will be an integral part of a large integration project between multiple hospitals nationwide. This person will apply standard programming procedures and knowledge of pertinent functional areas. Works together with the Business Analysis/Program Manager (BA/PM) team to analyze needs and design, write, and test new programs and applications. Maintains and revises existing systems and provides technical assistance to the BA/PM as well as to others in IT.
Level of Work
- · Develops, modifies and maintains assigned programs using PICK / BASIC. Monitors the operation of assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
- · Reviews user requirements and needs for new software with the BA/PM and performs analysis, design, implementation, installation and training related to new software developed.
- · Designs and documents systems based on analysis results and further consultation with BA/PM staff.
- · Develops data bases, programs and procedures necessary to integrate and/or implement the system
- · Carries out fact finding and program analysis of problems; applies established procedures to bring resolution.
- · Communicates, both orally and in writing, with supervisors, coworkers, business users and other public agencies to obtain authorization and approval, to disseminate information, to assess the needs and to resolve difficulties with assignments.
- · Creates and modifies the design of on-line screens and report layouts to provide business users with useful information in a user friendly manner.
- · Analyzes and plans systems based on consultations with BA/PM staff. Documents system plan and establishes an implementation schedule.
- · Applies judgment in devising program logic and selecting and adapting standard programming procedures; obtains advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable.
- · Develops test plans, creates test data, tests programs, and reviews program code to determine if programming logic creates the desired results and makes efficient use of hardware and software resources.
- · Analyzes data entered, stored and extracted from computer files and databases to ensure data accuracy, determine impact of data shared between systems and assure data integrity.
How to Apply
Please email the following:
* If not detailed in the resume, an addendum to the resume detailing one actual contracting or consulting example, in resume format.
* Sample of your PICK BASIC source code.
* Salary history.
* Professional references.
7473 total views, 9 today
Apply for this Job
One Response to “PICK/BASIC Programmer”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.