Full-Time Mailbrain (UniData) Support Analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The IT Analyst will report directly to the IT Manager and the key elements of responsibility and or shared responsibility will be:
- Maintaining, monitoring and supporting the company’s network and software infrastructure and resolving faults.
- Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection.
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Undertaking routine and preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security, particularly as the network connects to the internet.
- Backing up the company’s servers and monitoring logs for any errors.
- Providing technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking the project management of these.
- Supporting Exchange 2007, Windows Server 2003/2008, SQL Server 2005, Active Directory, Windows XP/7/8, VMWare, terminal server & emulators.
- Undertaking PC and server builds.
- Hardware support including servers, pc’s, printers, WAP’s, firewalls and all other peripheral devices.
- Support, development and conversion of in house SQL Server databases and applications as well as visual basic applications.
- Software user support for MS Office 2003/2007/2010/2013 including Access, Sage 200 and the company’s heavily bespoke order processing system Mailbrain.
- Acquiring a good understanding of the Mailbrain order processing system and its underlying UniData RDBMS will be essential, as this is the key system not only for ordering, but for data importing, extraction, reporting and interrogation. (Training will be given).
- Responsibility for the company’s DataMove/DBS ftp and website order file transfer systems, particularly during the Christmas season when this becomes imperative.
- Taking on the project management, development and programme testing for Mailbrain, trouble shooting issues and supporting users.
- Preparing & maintaining modification, procedures and compliance documentation.
- A good knowledge and understanding of Access & SQL databases as there are a number of these in 2003 that will require to be migrated/rewritten into either 2010/2013 and or SQL.
It is an essential condition of your employment that you are prepared to adopt a flexible approach to your pattern of work and are prepared to undertake other duties, (within the parameters of this description) as and when necessary, as part of the team, to facilitate the smooth running of the business. Along with extra hours that are needed as and when to get the jobs done particularly within the season.
How to Apply
Apply online or email email@example.com
6523 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
3 Responses to “Mailbrain (UniData) Support Analyst”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.